Terms & Conditions
Stand a chance to win 1 year’s supply of FREESTYLE LIBRE products
Existing FreeStyle Libre users are welcome to join this competition. To get a chance to win, just share your story via a photo and words (up to 1000 characters) about how FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System and FreeStyle LibreLink App has changed the way you manage diabetes.
Grand Prize (1): FreeStyle Libre sensor for up to 1 year (26)
1st runner-up (10): FreeStyle Libre sensor (2)
- The promoter is Abbott Laboratories (Singapore) Private Limited with its principal place of business at 3 Fraser Street #23-28, DUO Tower, Singapore 189352.
Please do not send entries to this address.
- Your entry into the competition will be deemed as you accepting and agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Your entry must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid. Abbott and its agent, Weber Shandwick, reserves the right to disqualify any individuals who, in their view and at their own discretion, are deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- No purchase of any product is necessary in order to qualify to participate in this competition.
- The competition begins at 8:00 am on 16 December 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm on 30 June 2020. After this date and time, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- The Grand Prize winner (only 1) will receive a FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System, including twenty-six (26) FreeStyle Libre sensors worth a total of SG$ 2,392.00. The runner-up prize winners (10) will receive two (2) FreeStyle Libre sensors each. The prizes will be gifted in the form of one or multiple vouchers from Abbott and will be emailed to the winners. The vouchers can be redeemed online via the FreeStyle Libre webshop at https://freestylelibre.com.sg/ and Abbott shall waive any shipping costs.
- To enter the competition, an individual must complete all parts (a) and (b) below:
a. Post a photo and caption via the entry form on the competition landing page youcandoit.freestylelibre.com.sg that shows how FreeStyle LibreLink app has had an impact on the lives of people living with diabetes (Mobile app details: https://freestylelibre.com.sg/products/freestyle-librelink-app.html); and,
b. Complete the entry form using a valid email address with valid and true contact details.
- Entries will not be accepted by any other method other than via the competition landing page entry form.
- Entries must be made by individuals. Entries by companies, groups or other legal entities will not be accepted.
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted.
- To be eligible to enter, an individual must:
a. Be a Singapore resident aged 18 years or over as at the competition launch date;
b. Be living with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes and has used the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System; OR
c. Be submitting an entry on behalf of a friend or family member (with their permission) who is a Singapore resident aged 4 years or over, living with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes, and has used the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System and can explain the impact that FreeStyle Libre has had on their life;
d. Complete a full entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Individuals living with renal disease, gestational diabetes, or entries on behalf of someone living with renal disease, gestational diabetes, are not eligible to enter.
- Employees of Abbott Diabetes Care and/or their immediate family members, and/or anyone else connected in any way with helping to coordinate the competition are not permitted to enter the competition.
- Abbott Diabetes Care understands that everyone’s diabetes experience is unique and that entries will reflect the diversity of the lives of people living with diabetes and the varied FreeStyle Libre user experiences.
- Entries must not:
a. Include any medical advice or recommendations;
b. Contain inaccurate, misleading or non-factual information;
c. Contain photos of those aged under 18 years unless the entry is made by their parent or guardian appointed according to applicable laws;
d. Contain any profanity;
e. Contain any language or images that are derogatory, defamatory or disrespectful towards an individual, another company or organisation (including patient advocacy groups or diabetes bodies);
f. Contain language or images that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or abusive. This includes comments, symbols or slogans that offend on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexuality, or statements that are intended merely to offend;
g. Contain language, banners, symbols or slogans in a language other than English that cannot be translated or understood, or could be deemed inappropriate or offensive;
h. Challenge any other entries that might include experiences or opinions that are different to their own;
i. Contain competitor brand names;
j. Contain or are considered spam;
k. Contain comments that could encourage improper or dangerous behavior;
l. Contain comments that suggest impropriety of an individual who could reasonably be identified;
m. Contain comments that identify any third party individual who is not already in the public domain;
n. Contain threatening language against another individual; nor
o. Contain images or comments that depict or explain product usage outside of the current, approved indication or may constitute a violation of applicable laws, regulations or codes of conduct (e.g., presenting the use of Abbott’s products in a manner which may mislead or deceive consumers).
- Weber Shandwick, the agent employed by Abbott, will monitor each competition entry to ensure entrants meet the eligibility criteria and terms specified in this Terms and Conditions.
- Once entries are submitted via the entry form on the competition landing page, the entrant will be shown a confirmation message on their screen notifying them that their entry is being reviewed.
- All entries will be individually reviewed and an automated email message will be delivered to the entrant to notify them if their entry has been accepted or rejected based on these terms and conditions. The competition registration page will start operation on 16 December 2019. Entrants will be notified within 10 working days of submitting the entry form about whether their entry has been accepted or rejected.
- Abbott and Weber Shandwick reserves the right at any time, and at their sole discretion, to:
a. Edit entries for spelling and grammar prior to publication;
b. Remove any entries that are not valid or are not in the spirit of the competition; and/or
c. Reject entries that they deem or in their sole discretion not to have met the eligibility criteria or not to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Failure by Abbott or Weber Shandwick to enforce any of its rights or terms and conditions at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights or terms and conditions.
- Abbott shall accept no responsibility for any entries that have been lost, damaged or delayed. Abbott shall not accept any responsibility for any technical, telecommunication or website errors. Abbott does not accept responsibility for any network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
- Accepted entries will appear live and published on the competition landing page youcandoit.freestylelibre.com.sg and entrants shall not object to such publication.
- The automated message for accepted entries will include the option to share your entry on social media, at your choosing. Sharing does not correlate to your chance of winning this competition.
- Weber Shandwick and other judges will select one (1) grand prize and ten (10) runner-up prize-winners, on behalf of Abbott. There are a total of eleven (11) winners in this competition.
- In the instance that the winner is someone who is living with diabetes and has submitted his/her entry through an authorised person (according to clause 11.c), the authorisation to enter this contest, and win on their behalf, must be confirmed in writing with Weber Shandwick when the winner is notified via phone or email.
- The winning entry will be selected based on authenticity, originality, creativity, and relevance to the theme of how FreeStyle LibreLink has had an impact on the life of the person living with diabetes and using FreeStyle Libre. ‘Impact’ can include:
a. The impact of FreeStyle Libre on the person living with diabetes;
b. The impressions left by the experience of using FreeStyle Libre;
c. The influence that FreeStyle Libre has played on the daily diabetes management decisions;
d. The effects of using FreeStyle Libre on the life of the person living with diabetes;
e. Changes in a person’s daily life since using FreeStyle Libre;
f. The difference that FreeStyle Libre has made to the person living with diabetes; or
g. Any transformation in the life or daily diabetes management of the person living with diabetes as a result of using FreeStyle Libre.
- The prizes are valued as at their recommended retail price (RRP) and Abbott takes no responsibility for any variations in item values.
- The prizes (or any unused portion of a prize) is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a prize recipient receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that prize recipient.
- The winner will be selected and awarded within ten days of the competition close date – that is, by 11.59pm on 10 July 2020.
- Abbott or Weber Shandwick, on behalf of Abbott, will contact the selected winner via phone or email (as per the contact details submitted on the entry form) to notify them of their prize and to verify that the selected winner meets the eligibility criteria for this competition before the prize is awarded. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner.
- If the winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, cannot be contacted during the seven (7) day period after the date the winner is selected or, for any reason, cannot claim the prize, Weber Shandwick reserves the right to select another alternative winner on behalf of Abbott.
- The decision of Abbott and Weber Shandwick is final and does not accept any objections.
- Abbott holds no responsibility to compensate any competition winners if the competition is cancelled due to any circumstances or amended in any way that reduces the value of the prize.
- Abbott reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by a representative of Weber Shandwick.
- Weber Shandwick or Abbott will not be responsible for any inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Weber Shandwick and Abbott accept no responsibility for any entrants who do not complete a full entry form according to these terms and conditions or are not eligible to enter.
- Weber Shandwick or Abbott shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winners, or anyone else availing from the prize, as a result of the winners accepting and/or using the prizes, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of Abbott.
- Abbott will ensure the vouchers awarded to the prize-winners are redeemable for the prizes set out above.
- In the unlikely event that the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System is not suitable for use by the Grand Prize Winner, Abbott will not make an alternative offer or replacement for the prize.
- Abbott and Weber Shandwick’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entrants and the winners all consent and agree to Abbott’s use and publication of their entries, their names, images, and also confirm that consent has been given to Abbott by any other individuals shown in their entries for Abbott to use and publish the images and names of any individuals shown in the entries, including the photos, for an unlimited period of time, for educational or promotional purposes only in all forms of media, without any compensation or remuneration. Any other personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Personal Data and Privacy laws.
- The entrants and winner all consent and agree to Abbott’s use of their submissions in future marketing and promotion materials. Abbott will not pay entrants and winners for use of submissions and all copyright in submissions will be assigned to Abbott.
- If the entrant has granted permission on the entry form for Weber Shandwick, on behalf of Abbott, to contact them and to share their FreeStyle Libre story, Weber Shandwick may contact that individual and ask for their permission to participate in media opportunities, using their submitted FreeStyle Libre story with select media outlets, including TV, print, radio and online.
- If requested by Abbott, all winners shall agree to appear in a prize awarding ceremony and shall grant permission to Abbott to use the photos taken or videos made with the winner for promotional purpose.
- This Competition and all Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the courts of Singapore shall have jurisdiction to hear all disputes relating to them.
- The views, opinions and positions expressed by any entrant are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of Abbott, Weber Shandwick or any employee thereof.